At Natura Market, we love our animal friends! And, we bet that you likely have a pet at home that you treat like family...and sometimes even better. Or if you're like us, you get overly excited about our furry friends and yell out "dog" or “cat” every time you see one. We love our animal friends, and most of us would not let a single thing happen to them. But what if we've been allowing others to mistreat our animal friends all along and we didn't even know it. Have our animal friends suffered because of us?
The truth is: If you're not buying Leaping Bunny Certified products, you're supporting animal testing.
"But, my product claims it does not test on animals." Well, sorry to break it to you, but it might not be true unless it's Leaping Bunny Certified. Companies are allowed to claim that they do not test on animals if the final product was not tested on animals. But at Natura Market, we know that animal testing occurs at the ingredient level. Many companies also hire other companies to do their dirty work for them and claim that "They don't test on animals."
So, what is this Leaping Bunny Standard we're talking about?
The Leaping Bunny Standard is short for the Corporate Standard of Compassion for Animals, a voluntary pledge that cosmetic, personal care, and/or household product companies make to clear animal testing from all product development stages. The company's ingredient suppliers must make the same pledge. The result is a product guaranteed to be 100 percent free of new animal testing.
Leaping Bunny has a single comprehensive standard and an internationally recognized Leaping Bunny Logo. Leaping Bunny works with companies to help make shopping for animal-friendly products easier and more trustworthy.
Why should I buy cruelty-free, Leaping Bunny Certified products?
- Companies have No Reason to Test on Animals: Companies are choosing to test on animals. There are many methods available to test products that don't require animals.
- Animal Testing Hurts Animals: Many animals suffer life-threatening injuries or even death due to animal testing.
- Household Pets are Being Used in Experiments: All the good boys and girls out there suffer because of animal testing. All animals deserve to live a happy life free from cruelty.
- Supporting Cruelty-Free Companies Creates a Movement: It is clear that those companies that test on animals just want one thing, your money. By not purchasing their items, you are helping to reduce their financial ability to hurt more animals. You may even influence them to change their ways if they want to make a profit.
- You'll Know Exactly What You're Getting: The Leap Bunny Certification prevents companies from lying to you. For a company to receive certification, it must meet all requirements.
Below is the summarized version of the standard by which Leaping Bunny certifies all of the companies that apply for Leaping Bunny certification:
To achieve approval for its own-label Cosmetic and/or Household Products, a Company must comply with the following criteria:
- The company can not conduct or hire a third party to conduct animal testing on cosmetic and/or household products, including formulations and ingredients of such products.
- The company can not purchase or use any ingredient, formulation of a product from any Third Party Manufacturer or Supplier that conducted or commissioned Animal Testing.
- The company must implement a monitoring system and obtain all required documents from all parties involved to prove the absence of animal testing.
- All companies that are Leaping Bunny certified must be open to independent audits and commit to the requirements annually.
As you can see, supporting cruelty-free, Leaping Bunny Certified products is a way to make an impact without much work. The decisions we make affect everyone, even our animal friends. Make the change, and help stop animal testing.
Shop Our Favourite Leaping Bunny Certified Brands today!
Shop Molly Sud's for all your laundry products and all-purpose cleaners!
Shop Dr. Bronner's for all your cleaning supplies!