<5 Net Carbs per serving
Makes 6 large servings
1 lb ground beef
½ lb hot or mild Italian sausage
1 small yellow onion, finely diced (about 1 cup)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
½ cup ricotta cheese
¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley, plus more to garnish
1-9oz. package Natural Heaven Veggie Lasagna Noodles
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. In a 9-inch cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, brown the beef and sausage, breaking it into small crumbles as it cooks. Once cooked through, drain any excess fat if necessary. Add the onion and garlic and sauté until onion is softened and translucent, and garlic is fragrant (about 5 minutes). Add the marinara, oregano, and basil. Stir well and allow the sauce to simmer and flavours to combine for about 10 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 400℉.
3. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese and parsley and mix well. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
4. Remove the Veggie Noodles from the packaging and blot well with paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
5. Remove approximately ⅔ of the meat sauce mixture from the skillet and place it into a bowl. Make sure the amount left behind is evenly spread on the bottom of the skillet. Place a couple dollops of ricotta cheese mixture on top of the meat sauce, and then place ⅓ of the veggie noodles evenly on top Repeat the steps starting with another layer of meat sauce. You should get 2-3 layers depending on how large your skillet is.
6. Top with the mozzarella and bake for 15 minutes, until the edges are bubbling and the top begins to brown. To get more browning on the top, broil on high for 1-2 minutes. Garnish with chopped more parsley, and serve.