From its vibrant colours to its tantalizing flavours, this cranberry orange bundt cake is not just a cake – it's a holiday tradition waiting to happen! With tangy cranberries and zesty oranges, all wrapped in a moist, tender crumb, it's a slice of pure holiday magic!
Vegan, Plant-Based, Gluten-Free
Makes: 12 servings
1 cup monkfruit sugar
2 cups gluten-free flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon sea salt
3/4 cup olive oil or any neutral oil
1/2 cup vegan yogurt (or applesauce)
1/2 cup non-dairy milk (oat, almond, coconut, hemp, whatever you prefer)
1/2 cup orange juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup fresh cranberries, plus more for garnish
Powdered sugar for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Oil your pan and set aside. (10 ” bundt pan or 8″ or 9″ cake pan)
- In a large bowl mix together sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt.
- Whisk together oil, vegan yogurt (or applesauce), nut milk, orange juice and zest and vanilla.
- Add wet mixture into the flour mixture along with cranberries. Stir gently, enough to fold together until flour is just incorporated. Work quickly as it will immediately start leavening.
- Pour evenly into oiled pan.
- Bake for 40- 50 minutes until golden and puffed.
- Let cool in for 15 minutes before removing from pan (especially if using a bundt pan.). Loosen the edges if needed with a small rubber spatula (or something other than sharp metal that could harm your pan). Top with powdered sugar (optional) and additional cranberries. You can also use rosemary leaves if you would like to make your cake look like a wreath.