Makes 6 tarts
Net Carbs per tart: 5g
Keto, gluten-free, dairy free
For the base:
1 cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon Sweet Leaf Organic Stevia Sweetener
¼ teaspoon salt
2 eggs at room temperature, lightly beaten
½ cup melted room temperature coconut oil
For the filling:
1-400ml can coconut cream, left in the fridge overnight
¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
½ tablespoon lemon zest
½-1 teaspoon vanilla extract, to taste
1 teaspoon powdered stevia
1. Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line 6 muffin pan wells with narrow strips of parchment paper. This will help with removing the tart shells from the pan after they are baked.
2. In a bowl, combine the coconut flour, stevia, salt, eggs, and coconut oil. Stir until a thick dough is formed. Allow the mixture to sit for 5 minutes to thicken. Separate the mixture into 6 small portions and roll into balls using the palms of your hands. Place them into the muffin pan wells and shape the dough to the bottom and up the sides, into a tart shell shape.
3. Bake for 14 minutes, until the tops are lightly golden. Allow to cool slightly, and carefully transfer to a cooling rack and set aside to cool completely before filling.
4. Scoop out the hardened coconut milk fat and add it to a food processor. Add the remaining ingredients for the lemon filling, and process until completely smooth and fluffy. You can also add the ingredients to a bowl, and break up the coconut fat with a fork, then whisk it until it is a smooth consistency before adding the remaining ingredients.
5. Spoon the filling into the cooled tart shells, and transfer to the refrigerator. Cool for 1 hour, or until ready to serve. Garnish with additional lemon zest or twisted lemon slices if desired.