Low sugar but big on flavour. This decadent chocolate cake is topped with creamy peanut butter frosting and topped with chocolate peanut butter cups for an irresistible take on the classic combination.
Low Sugar, Plant-Based, Vegan
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Chocolate Peanut Butter Buttercream
- Preheat your oven to 180°c / 356°f and grease and line your baking tin with parchment paper.
- Combine the milk and vinegar together to make the 'buttermilk' and set aside for 5 mins.
- Whisk together all the flour, cocoa powder and sugar, baking powder and baking soda until fully combined in a separate bowl.
- Then pour in the wet ingredients. And whisk until combined.
- Finally, add the chocolate spread to the batter and transfer the batter evenly into the baking tray.
- Bake for 20 mins until springy to the touch and the skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre.
- As the cake cools, make the buttercream by creaming together your plant-based butter for 5 mins until pale.
- Then mix in the icing sugar, then add the chocolate spread and beat for a further 5 mins until fluffy.
- Spread the buttercream across the entire cake and drizzle with the chocolate spread and peanut butter.
- Finally, decorate with peanut butter cups, then slice and enjoy!
Recipe by Leena Abd El Ghani