For the topping:
2 Pounds russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
2 Tablespoons plant milk
2 Tablespoons vegan ghee
For the bottom layer:
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Medium yellow onion, diced
1 Carrot, peeled and diced
2 Celery ribs, diced
3 Cloves garlic, minced
1 Package Plant Boss Organic Plant Crumbles
2 Cups water
1-Cube vegetable bouillon or no-beef bouillon
½ Cup frozen green peas
1 Tablespoon tomato paste
½ Cup passata
1 Tablespoon tamari
1 Teaspoon thyme
1. For the topping, boil the potatoes in a large pot of salted water until fork tender. Drain the water. Add the milk and butter and mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 400℉.
3. Add the oil to a frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion, carrot, celery, and garlic. Season generously with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until vegetables are tender.
4. Combine the Plant Boss Organic Plant Crumbles and water in a large bowl. Let stand for 3 minutes, then add to the vegetable mixture with the bullion cube. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until liquid has been completely absorbed.
5. Add the green peas, tomato paste, passata, tamari, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and transfer to a baking dish. Top with mashed potatoes, and sprinkle with extra thyme.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until bubbly and heated through. Serve hot.