Comments local_offer Recipes
Keto-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Low Carb
For The Cake:
3 Packages of Keto Queen Kreations Sugar-Free Pound Cake Mix
12 Tbsp Butter (Softened)
12 oz Cream Cheese (Softened)
For The Filling/Icing:
1 Package Simply Delish Vanilla Flavour Instant Pudding
8 oz Let's Do...Organic Organic Heavy Coconut Cream
1 Tsp Primal Palate Organic Vanilla Extract
⅓ Cup SweetLeaf Organic Better Than Sugar! Powdered Sweetener for Frosting
For the Fondant:
5 oz Fine Almond Flour
6 oz SweetLeaf Organic Better Than Sugar! Powdered Sweetener for Frosting
1 Tsp Primal Palate Organic Almond Extract
1 Tbsp Butter or Shortening
1.5 oz Pasteurized Egg Whites
1.5 oz Raw Honey
For The Cake:
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Grease or line three 8x8 inch round cake pans.
3. In a large bowl, empty the contents of the three cake mixes, and mix well. In a separate large bowl, add the eggs, butter, and cream cheese. Mix until well combined. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix well.
4. Pour the batter evenly into each of the prepared cake pans. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
5. Once ready, remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
6. Using a serrated knife, carefully cut off the top layer of the cakes creating an even surface.
For The Filling:
1. In a medium sized bowl, combine the coconut cream, instant pudding, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar. Mix until well combined.
For the Fondant:
1. In a bowl, combine the almond flour and the powdered sweetener using a spatula or the paddle attachment on a stand mixer. Add the pasteurized egg whites, almond extract, and honey. Blend for a minute or until the mixture becomes sticky.
2. Spread the butter/shortening onto a flat surface. Remove the mixture from the bowl and begin kneading it by hand, slowly incorporating the butter/shortening.
3. Knead until smooth and a bit sticky. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour or until fully cool.
1. Place a teaspoon of the filling on a cake board, place one cake layer on top. Top with 1-2 heaping tablespoons of the filling, spread evenly. Place the next layer of cake on top, lightly pressing down and repeat. For the third layer, use the remaining filling to fully cover the outside of the cake, creating a crumb coat.
2. Place your fondant on a flat surface. Use a plastic roller to roll your fondant out to a 16 inch diameter with a ⅕ inch thickness. Start from the middle and work your way outwards. Once ready, place your fondant roller in the middle of your fondant. Use both hands to wrap your fondant onto the roller.
3. Take the fondant roller and place it at the back of the cake and gently unroll it, draping it towards you. Use your hands to smooth it out and ensure that it covers all the edges. Feel free to use the rest of the fondant and food colouring to make fondant decorations.
TIP OF THE WEEK
Looking for some healthy Easter baking tips that are good for you and Easter bunny approved? We’ve got you covered with these healthy Easter treats hacks!
Substitute oat milk for regular milk. Perfect for all your baking needs, this plant-based milk has the same creaminess and consistency as regular milk, but contains less calories, sugar and fat than dairy milk. Use for Easter egg cupcakes!
Use sugar-free chocolate chips. Kick sugar to the curb, but keep the sweetness with Lily’s semi-sweet baking chips!
Mix in some pudding to your cake mix. It’ll make your Easter cake super moist and delicious! We love Simply Delish because it’s low in calories, keto-friendly and vegan.
Add some protein to your Easter bunny pancakes. Kodiak Cakes high-protein waffle & pancake mix adds 14g of protein per serving, sure to keep the family full until Easter Sunday dinner!
Enjoy a sweet treat this Easter - with a healthy twist! Sure to put a smile on every chick and bunny’s face, while still keeping them nourished and full.