Comments local_offer Recipes
Keto-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Low Carb
For The Cake:
12 Tbsp Butter (Softened)
12 oz Cream Cheese (Softened)
For The Filling/Icing:
For the Fondant:
5 oz Fine Almond Flour
1 Tbsp Butter or Shortening
1.5 oz Pasteurized Egg Whites
For The Cake:
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Grease or line three 8x8 inch round cake pans.
3. In a large bowl, empty the contents of the three cake mixes, and mix well. In a separate large bowl, add the eggs, butter, and cream cheese. Mix until well combined. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Mix well.
4. Pour the batter evenly into each of the prepared cake pans. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
5. Once ready, remove from the heat and allow to cool completely.
6. Using a serrated knife, carefully cut off the top layer of the cakes creating an even surface.
For The Filling:
1. In a medium sized bowl, combine the coconut cream, instant pudding, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar. Mix until well combined.
For the Fondant:
1. In a bowl, combine the almond flour and the powdered sweetener using a spatula or the paddle attachment on a stand mixer. Add the pasteurized egg whites, almond extract, and honey. Blend for a minute or until the mixture becomes sticky.
2. Spread the butter/shortening onto a flat surface. Remove the mixture from the bowl and begin kneading it by hand, slowly incorporating the butter/shortening.
3. Knead until smooth and a bit sticky. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour or until fully cool.
1. Place a teaspoon of the filling on a cake board, place one cake layer on top. Top with 1-2 heaping tablespoons of the filling, spread evenly. Place the next layer of cake on top, lightly pressing down and repeat. For the third layer, use the remaining filling to fully cover the outside of the cake, creating a crumb coat.
2. Place your fondant on a flat surface. Use a plastic roller to roll your fondant out to a 16 inch diameter with a ⅕ inch thickness. Start from the middle and work your way outwards. Once ready, place your fondant roller in the middle of your fondant. Use both hands to wrap your fondant onto the roller.
3. Take the fondant roller and place it at the back of the cake and gently unroll it, draping it towards you. Use your hands to smooth it out and ensure that it covers all the edges. Feel free to use the rest of the fondant and food colouring to make fondant decorations.
TIP OF THE WEEK
Staying cool and hydrated is the key to enjoying the warmer weather - especially if you’re spending a lot of time outside in the sun or partaking in recreational activities!
Here are some tips for keeping cool this Summer:
Drink more water! And avoid or reduce the amount of alcohol, sugary drinks, or caffeinated beverages you drink, which can contribute to dehydration. If you’re looking for a delicious summer drink, try one of these healthy, refreshing drinks or adding sugar-free fruit drops!
Plan outdoor exercise or activities for the morning, before noon, when the temperature is much cooler.
Eat foods that have a high water content, such as watermelon, cucumbers, celery, and peaches.
If you’re feeling a little hot, eating something spicy can make you sweat, which will actually help to cool you down faster!
Make sure you are spending time in shaded areas or if you can, step inside an air conditioned space to cool off.
Wear a hat and dress in light, loose, breathable fabrics such as cotton or linen.
Add electrolytes to your water - for ultimate hydration and replenishment!
Make sure you’re hydrated and staying cool this Summer - so you can keep healthy and enjoy all that the warmer weather has to offer!