We know what you're thinking – healthy and Twix in the same sentence? With Healthy Crunch, anything is possible! With the same luscious layer of caramel that's nestled between a crispy cookie base and a silky smooth chocolate topping, these homemade Twix bars are better than the real thing!
Gluten-Free, Vegan, Plant-Based, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free, Allergen-Free
Makes 16 Bars
For the shortbread base:
For the caramel layer:
For the chocolate layer:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8 inch square pan with parchment paper. It’s important to use an 8x8 inch as a 9x9 inch pan may be too big.
- In a medium bowl add the gluten-free flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt. Mix together with a fork until it forms a nice thick crumb texture. Add to pan and use your fingers to evenly press down into the pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Allow crust to cool for 10 minutes before adding caramel.
- Next make the Caramel layer using our Healthy Crunch Salted Caramel Seed butter: Add the Salted Caramel Seed Butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract and sea salt to a medium pot and place over medium-low heat for approximately 2 minutes until caramel starts to slightly bubble, stirring frequently. Pour over slightly cooled crust.
- Place in fridge for at least 30 minutes-1 hour to completely harden the Seed butter. It shouldn't take longer than this, but if you are impatient, just place in freezer for 15-20 minutes, this should speed up the process.
- After 30 minutes or so, make the chocolate layer: Add Healthy Crunch Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips and coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high in 30 second increments, stirring in between until chocolate is completely melted. If you prefer, you can also melt the chocolate and coconut oil in small saucepan over low heat.
- Remove bars from pan and cut into 16 bars (that resemble twix bars). To do this, cut entire pan of bars in half, and then cut each half into 8 (1-inch) bars (not squares!), so you’ll end up with 16 bars.
- Dip bars in melted chocolate to coat and place in the freezer for a few minutes to set. Enjoy! Happy Crunching!
Recipe from Healthy Crunch