Makes: 20 cookies
½ cup Granulated low-carb sweetener of choice
½ cup Creamy peanut butter
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1 cup packed Almond flour
¼ teaspoon Salt
½ teaspoon Baking soda
½ cup Stevia sweetened chocolate chips
1. In a stand mixer, cream the shortening and sweetener together. Add the peanut butter, vanilla, and egg. Mix until just combined.
2. Fold in the almond flour, salt, baking soda, and lastly the chocolate chips. Cover, and place the dough in the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours. This will prevent the cookies from spreading and becoming flat. For best results, prepare the dough the day before and chill overnight.
3. Once the dough is completely chilled, preheat the oven to 350℉. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
4. Using a cookie scooper, drop heaping spoonsful of the dough onto the prepared baking tray. Using the palms of your hands, flatten the tops of the cookies slightly. With a fork, press a crisscross pattern into the tops of the cookies.
5. Bake for 11-12 minutes, until edges are golden. Let the cookies cool before handling, as they will be fragile straight from the oven. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days.