Comments local_offer Recipes
Paleo, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free
1 Package Simple Mills Grain-Free Vanilla Cake Mix
3 Large Eggs, beaten
1/3 Cup Avocado Oil
1 Cup Peeled and Shredded Carrots
1/3 Cup Water
1/3 Cup Walnut or Pecan Pieces
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
For Coconut Cream Frosting:
1 Can Heavy Coconut Cream
½ Cup Powdered Sweetener
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
3-4 Tablespoons of Arrowroot Starch, to thicken
Coconut Shavings and more Walnut / Peacan Pieces, for decorating
1. Place can of coconut cream in refrigerator overnight along with a mixing bowl to chill.
2. The next day, heat oven to 400 F. Grease a baking pan and set aside.
3. In a bowl, whisk the vanilla cake mix, cinnamon and ginger. Add the carrots and the walnuts and stir together.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, oil, water and vanilla extract together. Then add wet mixture to dry mix, stirring well, until mixed completely.
5. Pour the batter into the greased pan and put in oven to bake. Lower heat to 350 F and bake for 35 minutes, or until ready.
6. Once fully baked, remove the cake and let it cool down completely.
7. While it cools, grab the can of coconut cream and mixing bowl from the fridge. Do not shake can.
8. Open and remove thick cream from can. Add cream to the refrigerated bowl, along with powdered sweetener and vanilla extract. Whip with blender. Add a tablespoon of arrowroot starch as needed to help thicken.
9. Once cake is completely cooled, frost with coconut cream frosting and sprinkle coconut flakes and nuts on top. Enjoy!
TIP OF THE WEEK
Looking for some healthy Easter baking tips that are good for you and Easter bunny approved? We’ve got you covered with these healthy Easter treats hacks!
Substitute oat milk for regular milk. Perfect for all your baking needs, this plant-based milk has the same creaminess and consistency as regular milk, but contains less calories, sugar and fat than dairy milk. Use for Easter egg cupcakes!
Use sugar-free chocolate chips. Kick sugar to the curb, but keep the sweetness with Lily’s semi-sweet baking chips!
Mix in some pudding to your cake mix. It’ll make your Easter cake super moist and delicious! We love Simply Delish because it’s low in calories, keto-friendly and vegan.
Add some protein to your Easter bunny pancakes. Kodiak Cakes high-protein waffle & pancake mix adds 14g of protein per serving, sure to keep the family full until Easter Sunday dinner!
Enjoy a sweet treat this Easter - with a healthy twist! Sure to put a smile on every chick and bunny’s face, while still keeping them nourished and full.