Makes: 5 spring rolls
Net Carbs: <7 carbs per spring roll
1 tablespoon avocado oil
½ lb. ground pork
¼ cup finely diced onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ teaspoon ground ginger
¾ cup finely shredded cabbage
½ cup finely grated carrot
2 green onions, thinly sliced
½ tablespoon coconut aminos
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1 package NUCO Cassava Coconut Wraps (5 wraps)
The New Primal Almond Butter Turmeric Dressing, for serving.
1. Preheat oven to 350℉ and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Heat the avocado oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground pork and season generously with salt and pepper.
3. Cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until browned, cooked through, and any moisture has evaporated. Add the onion and cook until onion is soft translucent, 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for an additional 30 seconds or until fragrant.
4. Stir in the cabbage, carrots, and green onions and cook until cabbage is soft and wilted, 4-5 minutes. Season with coconut aminos, sesame oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Remove from the heat.
5. To wrap, place a coconut cassava wrap across from you in a diamond position. Spoon approximately 3 tablespoons of the filling into the centres of each coconut cassava wrap, creating a rectangular shape in the middle with the filling. Gently roll from the bottom up, folding in the sides when you reach the centre. Continue rolling, leaving a half inch seam at the very top. Using a dab of water, seal the edge and roll to the end. If it does not quite seal on it’s own, feel free to secure with a toothpick.
6. Place the rolls on the parchment lined baking sheet. Lightly brush or spray with avocado oil and bake for 8-9 minutes or until golden brown, flipping half way through.
7. Serve hot with almond butter turmeric dressing.