Comments local_offer Recipes
Grab a taste of summer with this simple grain-free Hawaiian Shrimp dish -- served in a fresh pineapple bowl! The sweetness of the pineapple coats the crispy shrimp and flavours the rice creating a sweet paradise.
Makes 4 Servings
1 Small Pineapple
½ Cup Banza Chickpea Rice of choice
3.5 oz Cooked and Peeled Shrimp
3 Tbsp Primal Kitchen Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Slices Nitrate-Free Cooked Ham
1. In a small pot bring 3 cups of lightly-salted water to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and add Banza plain chickpea rice. Cook for approximately 5 minutes or until desired firmness. Remove from heat and drain using a fine mesh strainer. Return to pot and fluff with a fork. Allow it to cool.
2. Cut the pineapple in half lengthwise, scoop out the flesh and dice.
3. Chop the ham into small pieces.
4. Bring a small pan to medium-heat and add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Add the shrimp, season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook the shrimp for 1-2 minutes on each side or until fully cooked.
5. In a bowl combine the pineapple, rice, shrimp, ham and the rest of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Fill the pineapple shell with the salad mixture and enjoy.
TIP OF THE WEEK
Looking for some healthy Easter baking tips that are good for you and Easter bunny approved? We’ve got you covered with these healthy Easter treats hacks!
Substitute oat milk for regular milk. Perfect for all your baking needs, this plant-based milk has the same creaminess and consistency as regular milk, but contains less calories, sugar and fat than dairy milk. Use for Easter egg cupcakes!
Use sugar-free chocolate chips. Kick sugar to the curb, but keep the sweetness with Lily’s semi-sweet baking chips!
Mix in some pudding to your cake mix. It’ll make your Easter cake super moist and delicious! We love Simply Delish because it’s low in calories, keto-friendly and vegan.
Add some protein to your Easter bunny pancakes. Kodiak Cakes high-protein waffle & pancake mix adds 14g of protein per serving, sure to keep the family full until Easter Sunday dinner!
Enjoy a sweet treat this Easter - with a healthy twist! Sure to put a smile on every chick and bunny’s face, while still keeping them nourished and full.