This is not just the best pumpkin pie you'll ever make—it's the only pumpkin pie you'll ever need. Sweet yet spicy, creamy and pumpkin-y, full of warm aromatic spices. No one will even know it's vegan!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 1 hour
Chill Time 4 hours
- Begin by preheating your oven to 180°c/356fh and grease and flour your pie tray.
- To make the pastry start by mixing together your dry ingredients, then add the vegan butter and rub the butter into the flour until it reaches a crumb consistency. Finally, pour in your water gradually while mixing until it comes together into a dough. [it shouldn't be wet/sticky]
- Finally, pour in your water gradually while mixing until it comes together into a dough. [it shouldn't be wet/sticky]
- Then roll the dough between 2 sheets of cling film or on a floured surface. Until it's the diameter of the tart tin. Carefully move the pastry and place it onto the tart tin.
- Press the dough into the crevices and patch up any holes with leftover dough. Finally prick the dough with a fork to prevent the dough from rising and begin making the pie filling.
- Simply mix together all the filling ingredients, until fully incorporated.
- Pour the filling into the pie tray, and bake for 1hr. Cover the pie with foil 30mins into baking to prevent the pie crust from burning.
- Cool for a further 30 mins after baking and chill for 4 hrs or overnight. Finally slice and enjoy!
Recipe by Leena Abd El Ghani