Comments local_offer Recipes
A savoury holiday appetizer that everyone will enjoy! Substituting regular bread crumbs for nut crumbs gives the filling of these crab stuffed mushrooms a wonderful texture and hint of nutty flavour. Not only are Hu Crackers delicious, but they are also keto-friendly!
Makes 15 Mushrooms
15 Extra-large white button mushrooms, stems removed and very finely minced
2 Tablespoons butter or ghee
½ Cup very finely minced yellow onion
3 Cloves of garlic, finely minced
1 Cup Hu Everything Crackers (finely grounded) plus more for topping
¾ Cup fresh chopped lump crab meat (or 1-170g can crabmeat, liquid drained)
½ Cup or 4oz. room temperature cream cheese
½ Cup parmesan cheese, for topping
Fresh parsley, to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 400℉ and grease a large baking dish with olive oil. Place the mushroom caps in the baking dish and set aside.
2. In a shallow pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the minced mushroom stems, onion, and garlic. Season with a pinch of salt, and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, very soft and the onion has slightly caramelized -- about 6-7 minutes.
3. In a food processor place 1 cup of Hu crackers. Pulse until fully grounded creating "breadcrumbs". Add the crumbs and stir until they absorb all of the moisture, and become slightly toasted -- about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
4. In a bowl, combine the crab meat and cream cheese. Mix together very well, then add the nut crumb mixture. Stir until very well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Spoon a generous dollop of crab filling into each mushroom cap. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and more nut crumbs. Bake for 25 minutes, until mushrooms are tender, and cheese is melted and slightly golden in colour.
6. Sprinkle with parsley and serve
TIP OF THE WEEK
Do you struggle with eating enough vegetables? Looking for some sneaky ways to add more veggies to your diet?
Well, we’ve got you covered on how to be a veggie ninja and reach that 5-10 a day goal:
Pass the Pasta: If you love a big bowl of comforting pasta, but don’t like having extra veggies in your sauce, here’s a sneaky way to get in some greens: try a grain-free pasta made with vegetables, like Chickapea or Cybele’s, or even serve rice made with cauliflower, broccoli, or a special vegetable blend, from brands like Right Rice and Full Green!
Sip On It: A good way to get your veggies intake is to sip on them! Broth is a great way to get an abundance of vegetables like carrots, kale, and mushrooms, in a quick & easy way. Just heat and sip -- or add to any stir fry, stew, roast, or pasta dish! And with a wide variety of flavours, like Thai Coconut, Lemongrass Ginger Pho, and Mushroom Chicken, you’ll never get bored!
Chip Away: Yes, we know that potatoes are vegetables, but we’ve got something even better if you’re looking for something to crunch on! Try veggie puffs, veggie straws, veggie crackers, veggie chips, and veggie crispbreads to satisfy the craving for that salty crispness.
Set the Bar: Snack bars can be made with vegetables too, but still taste sweet and delicious! Pack a granola bar or a rice crispy treat in your backpack or work bag for a sneaky way to eat more vegetables, without actually having to eat vegetables.
Take Them to Go: Pre-cut, marinated, and cooked vegetables make it so much easier to eat your veggies! With olives, pickles, asparagus, broccoli, eggplant, and okra vegetable snacks to choose from, you can add veggies to snack time with no problem!
Adding more veggies to your diet doesn't have to be hard, at Natura Market we have endless options for healthy, tasty, vegetable-rich foods, so you can increase your veggie intake.