Comments local_offer Recipes
A savoury holiday appetizer that everyone will enjoy! Substituting regular bread crumbs for nut crumbs gives the filling of these crab stuffed mushrooms a wonderful texture and hint of nutty flavour. Not only are Hu Crackers delicious, but they are also keto-friendly!
Makes 15 Mushrooms
15 Extra-large white button mushrooms, stems removed and very finely minced
2 Tablespoons butter or ghee
½ Cup very finely minced yellow onion
3 Cloves of garlic, finely minced
1 Cup Hu Everything Crackers (finely grounded) plus more for topping
¾ Cup fresh chopped lump crab meat (or 1-170g can crabmeat, liquid drained)
½ Cup or 4oz. room temperature cream cheese
½ Cup parmesan cheese, for topping
Fresh parsley, to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 400℉ and grease a large baking dish with olive oil. Place the mushroom caps in the baking dish and set aside.
2. In a shallow pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the minced mushroom stems, onion, and garlic. Season with a pinch of salt, and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, very soft and the onion has slightly caramelized -- about 6-7 minutes.
3. In a food processor place 1 cup of Hu crackers. Pulse until fully grounded creating "breadcrumbs". Add the crumbs and stir until they absorb all of the moisture, and become slightly toasted -- about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
4. In a bowl, combine the crab meat and cream cheese. Mix together very well, then add the nut crumb mixture. Stir until very well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Spoon a generous dollop of crab filling into each mushroom cap. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and more nut crumbs. Bake for 25 minutes, until mushrooms are tender, and cheese is melted and slightly golden in colour.
6. Sprinkle with parsley and serve
TIP OF THE WEEK
Are you bored with your food? At Natura Market, boring food is not on our menu! Follow these tips to spice up your food menu:
The key to keeping food exciting is to always keep your taste buds on their toes! Little changes are all you need to put the excitement back into food!