Comments local_offer Recipes
A savoury holiday appetizer that everyone will enjoy! Substituting regular bread crumbs for nut crumbs gives the filling of these crab stuffed mushrooms a wonderful texture and hint of nutty flavour. Not only are Hu Crackers delicious, but they are also keto-friendly!
Makes 15 Mushrooms
15 Extra-large white button mushrooms, stems removed and very finely mince
2 Tablespoons butter or ghee
½ Cup very finely minced yellow onion
3 Cloves of garlic, finely minced
1 Cup Hu Everything Crackers (finely grounded) plus more for topping
¾ Cup fresh chopped lump crab meat (or 1-170g can crabmeat, liquid drained)
½ Cup or 4oz. room temperature cream cheese
½ Cup parmesan cheese, for topping
Fresh parsley, to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 400℉ and grease a large baking dish with olive oil. Place the mushroom caps in the baking dish and set aside.
2. In a shallow pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the minced mushroom stems, onion, and garlic. Season with a pinch of salt, and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, very soft and the onion has slightly caramelized -- about 6-7 minutes.
3. In a food processor place 1 cup of Hu crackers. Pulse until fully grounded creating "breadcrumbs". Add the crumbs and stir until they absorb all of the moisture, and become slightly toasted -- about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
4. In a bowl, combine the crab meat and cream cheese. Mix together very well, then add the nut crumb mixture. Stir until very well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Spoon a generous dollop of crab filling into each mushroom cap. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and more nut crumbs. Bake for 25 minutes, until mushrooms are tender, and cheese is melted and slightly golden in colour.
6. Sprinkle with parsley and serve
TIP OF THE WEEK
Looking for some healthy Easter baking tips that are good for you and Easter bunny approved? We’ve got you covered with these healthy Easter treats hacks!
Substitute oat milk for regular milk. Perfect for all your baking needs, this plant-based milk has the same creaminess and consistency as regular milk, but contains less calories, sugar and fat than dairy milk. Use for Easter egg cupcakes!
Use sugar-free chocolate chips. Kick sugar to the curb, but keep the sweetness with Lily’s semi-sweet baking chips!
Mix in some pudding to your cake mix. It’ll make your Easter cake super moist and delicious! We love Simply Delish because it’s low in calories, keto-friendly and vegan.
Add some protein to your Easter bunny pancakes. Kodiak Cakes high-protein waffle & pancake mix adds 14g of protein per serving, sure to keep the family full until Easter Sunday dinner!
Enjoy a sweet treat this Easter - with a healthy twist! Sure to put a smile on every chick and bunny’s face, while still keeping them nourished and full.