Yields: 12 squares
For the crust:
1 cup Fine almond flour
¼ cup Coconut flour
½ cup powdered Stevia sweetener (Swerve Confectioners (Icing) Sugar Replacement works great!)
½ teaspoon Baking soda
¼ teaspoon Salt
¼ cup melted Coconut oil, room temperature
2 tablespoons Coconut milk
1 room temperature Egg
1 tsp Vanilla extract
For the pumpkin filling:
1 395ml can Pumpkin puree
2 room temperature Eggs
2 tablespoon Coconut milk
½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
1-14g package Primal Palate Pumpkin Pie Spice seasoning mix
1. Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line a 6”x 9” baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, baking soda, and salt. Mix well. In a separate bowl, whisk the coconut oil, coconut milk, egg, and vanilla together until smooth.
3. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and using a spatula, gently fold together until completely combined and a dough ball forms. Let the dough sit for 5 minutes to thicken. Spread the dough onto the bottom of the parchment paper lined pan in an even layer.
4. Bake the crust for 8 minutes. While the crust is baking, combine all of the ingredients for the pumpkin filling in a medium bowl and whisk until completely smooth.
5. After 8 minutes, remove the crust from the oven. The crust will have risen slightly. Using a spatula, push down with even pressure to flatten the crust.
6. Evenly spread the pumpkin pie filling on top, and bake for an additional 45-50 minutes, or until pie filling is completely set. To test, insert a toothpick into the centre. If it comes out clean with no raw filling, it is done. Let cool completely at room temperature before handling.
To serve, cut into 12 small squares and serve with a dollop of whipped cream (optional).