Try this family favorite in a not-so-traditional bite-size form! Tessemae’s Ketchup & Mustard make for a perfect meat loaf topping, and swapping out mashed potatoes for whipped cauliflower make this recipe Low-Carb Friendly!
Net Carbs Per Mini Meat loaf: < 3g
For the meat loaves:
2 tablespoons butter or ghee
1 small onion, finely diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1½ pounds ground beef
1 tablespoon coconut aminos
1 tablespoon Tessemae’s Ketchup
1 teaspoon Tessemae’s Mustard
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
Meat loaf topping:
⅓ cup Tessemae’s Ketchup
2 tablespoons Tessemae’s Mustard
1 teaspoon granulated low-carb sweetener of choice
For the cauliflower mash:
4 cups cauliflower florets
¼ cup coconut milk
1 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper, to taste
Fresh chopped parsley, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 350℉. In a small pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the onion and sauté until softened and translucent - about 6-8 minutes, stirring often. Add the garlic, thyme and oregano and sauté for an extra minute. Stir well, and transfer to a mixing bowl.
2. Add the beef, egg, coconut aminos, ketchup, mustard, salt and pepper to the mixing bowl and gently combine.
3. Equally distribute the meat mixture into the wells of a standard size muffin tin. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, mustard, and sweetener. Mix well, and spread a spoonful onto each mini meat loaf.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until meat is cooked through.
5. While the mini meat loaves are baking, place a pot of with 2 inches of water and a steam basket on the stove top over medium-high heat. Add the cauliflower to the basket, cover with a lid, and steam until the florets are fork tender, 8-10 minutes. Add more water to the bottom of the pot if necessary. Transfer to a blender, add the coconut milk and garlic powder, and blend until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve the meat loaves with cauliflower mash and sprinkled fresh parsley.